Cleaning Black Mold At Home

Rid your home of black mold

Cleaning black mold at home is not only possible but quite effective as well. It will help you in saving hundreds of dollars being paid to the professional mold testing and removal contractors and also make sure that you get an instant solution to your mold problem. Here are some of the ways in which you could be cleaning mold at home with ease.
• Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is the perfect solution for cleaning molds from your house. You should be buying a bottle of hydrogen peroxide that comes with 3% concentration/strength from a local store. Now, transfer the content of the bottle into a spray bottle with care. You can easily go and spray hydrogen peroxide on the areas that are infected by the mold. Let the solution settle down on the area for at least 15 minutes. After this, you can scrub the area and remove all the leftover molds and stains from this area. Hydrogen peroxide can instantly kill all the molds and leaving it on for 15 minutes will ensure that no molds are left out from the area.

Here’s a kit that does the work perfectly: http://www.amazon.com/MyMoldDetective-MMD100-Mold-Test-Kit/dp/B00E3QV82Q

There can be black mold spores that are too stubborn or have reached many difficult places like the tile grouts. In this case, you should avoid the 3% strength hydrogen peroxide and buying full strength peroxide. You should also avoid spraying the area. Simply take a few cups of hydrogen peroxide solution and let it sit on the affected region for the next 15 minutes. It shall be killing off all the molds from the house so that you don’t have to worry about any further infestations in the future. Make sure that you always keep the peroxide in a dark place as light generally reduces its effectiveness. You can also use peroxide along with vinegar in order to kill off the molds efficiently during the cleaning process.

Hydrogen peroxide is especially commendable an option because it really kills off all the black mold from your house. It has anti-fungal, anti-viral and even anti-bacterial properties because of which it is a great option to be chosen by you. Plus, it is safer as compared to bleach as it does not have any toxic fumes and residue. You can use hydrogen peroxide on almost any surface and any material. In fact, it can be used on most of the kitchen appliances and bathroom fixtures as well. In case the spores are on rugs and proving to be very tough, just spray them with peroxide and leave them in the sun.